Cranberry Apple Crisp
– 4 Large to 6 Medium Sized Baking Apples
– ½ Cup Fresh Cranberries
– ⅓ Cup Salted Butter
– ¾ Cup of Brown Sugar
– ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
– ½ Cup Oats
– ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
– ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
– Pint of Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel, core, and chop apples till they fill the bottom of a 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Stir in the fresh cranberries or just pour on top.
3. In a large bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and spices mixing everything together with your hands till a soft cookie-like dough forms. Crumple with your fingers on top of the apples and cranberries.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or the top of the crisp has gone a nice golden brown.
5. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Serve warm in bowls with a scoop or two of ice cream and enjoy.
Om nom nom
Also just as good, if not better, the day after.
Safe travels and have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!